11.30.2010

Allen Say

allen say/Oregonian - is an interesting article about author/illustrator Alan Say.  It's a bit long and the interesting parts are at the end, such as:

"Those adventures have continued for almost 50 years, and they're not over. Say said he "squandered 20 years" working as a commercial photographer in San Francisco and has been trying to "atone for my lapse ever since." He didn't publish his first book until he was 55 and swears that his 39th move, to Portland, won't be his last.

"I believe in periodic deracination to shock my system," he said. "... I prefer to go to a place where you don't know anyone and don't know the language, but I'm getting a little old for that. I've got to worry about medical insurance and all that sort of thing. So here I am.""

 He's giving a reading at a local bookshop this weekend, I may go...

No comments:

Post a Comment