hey shp, you never post on here anymore...
Anyway, just thought I'd share some advice I came across while researching gluten free life (I know, it's a cliche these days, but I'll explain why I'm giving it a try next time we chat on phone.)
"5. Some people are velvet hammers. They slipcover their will with flattery and soft persuasion. And some people are just hammers. And they are exhausting.
6. You always feel better after taking a walk.
12. It's really not about you. It's all about them.
14. There are certain people who bring out the best in you. Just being around them raises your game, makes you a better version of yourself. Let go of those who whittle you down, little by little, to fit you into their smaller experience of the world.
20. Control deflates love.
24. Eat more quinoa. It's easy. It's vegan protein. And it's good for you.
25. When someone is taking your photograph don't face them squarely, front forward. Turn your shoulders and hips to one side. Unless you've just eaten a huge bowl of guacamole.
27. The most potent sexual organ is your heart.
28. Baking bread makes a house feel like a home.
42. Trying to fit in rarely works out. You can try it on for size, but the chafing will leave a mark.